The Franciscan Church in St. (Sankt) Pölten is not a product of the most prolific builder in town, Jakob Prandtauer. In fact, the original architect and builder are unknown. The church does date from the Baroque period. Construction began in 1770 and concluded around 1779.
The Franziskanerkirche or Franciscan Church is notable for many reasons. Its exterior is a frothy pink and white, the convex façade features several statues peeking out from the nooks and crannies. The high altar is from the creative hands of Andreas Gruber who did work with Prandtauer on the church of the English Ladies. Gruber also designed a monument in town, the Trinity Column. Another well-known craftsman also did design work on this church. Kremser (or Johann) Schmidt did the side altar paintings. The topics he chose to portray include St. John of Nepomuk, Judas Thaddaeus, St. Theresa and Mary of Mount Carmel.
Please provide this reference number to our customer service center representative on request, so we can help you better