Royal Park in Brussels, Belgium has an interesting history behind it. It is actually located on the site where the medieval court of Brabant used to be. At one time the castle was a massive and breathtakingly beautiful place that kept being added to over the years. Unfortunately the entire complex of buildings burnt down in 1731 and was never rebuilt. Part of the royal residence was the park/forest, also called a warande. It sat for a few years before the city of Brussels and the governor of Austria decided to build a new and more modern residential area in 1775.
Good or bad, they tore down the existing forest and turned it into a new park with new trees. Roads where traced according to geometrical plans. A few statues that survived the fire of the original palace were placed in the new gardens and in 1780 a Waux Hall was built. The hall was where music was played and people could rest and relax while drinking or eating. Interesting note: in 1803 a dinner was hosted here for 1,800 people for Napoleon and his wife Josephine.
Please provide this reference number to our customer service center representative on request, so we can help you better