The first church of St. Martin in the Wall is from the 12th century, probably 1178 -1187. It is an unusual structure in one significant way. In the 13th century, the Church of St. Martin in the Wall earned its name. It became part of the Old Town Wall.
The 14th century was a time of reconstruction. Between 1360 and 1488, reconstruction work gave it a Gothic appearance, including a new vault. You can still see the copingstones. They bear a rose and a star. The church had two transepts. The Holec family commissioned the Holec Oratory. A wooden bridge ran from it to their nearby home. The only remains are traces on the northern side. Other recognizable features date from the Baroque modifications of the 18th century. This includes a portal on the north side. Further alterations occurred in 1904 according to a design by Kamil Hilbert e.g. Neo-Renaissance gables on the tower. Today, the church is in the hands of the Evangelical Church of the Czech Brethren. There are services every Sunday at 10:30a.m.