The Catholic Church in Prague is one with endurance. It is rich in history. The ties with royalty created firm bonds to the community in the city and further afield. Such an alliance also saw the creation of many beautiful monasteries, churches and other religious structures. In addition, some remarkable homes arose from the connection between the Church and the Palace. They include the Archbishop’s Palace.
Ferdinand bought the Palace for the Catholic Archbishop after the Hussite War. It sits opposite the Schwarzenberg Palace, part of the Hrad complex. After the Battle of White Mountain, it came to symbolize the Catholic dominance of the city of Prague and the Czech lands of the period. In the 1760's, the façade it turned towards Prague was Baroque. The architect, Johann Joseph Wirtz, undertook the work for Archbishop Antonin Přichovský. The exterior shows Rococo touches. The prize inside is a glimpse of eight Gabelin tapestries.
Address: Hradčanské nám. 16, 119 02 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Phone: +420 220 392 111
Please provide this reference number to our customer service center representative on request, so we can help you better