Baroque architecture is common place in many areas of Prague. The style is characteristic of the 17th and 18th centuries. The Baroque church of Our Lady Victorious, however, holds a special place in the rise of Baroque in Prague. It is the first Baroque building in the city.
Originally, the building was intended for the German Lutherans. The architect was Giovanni M. Filippi. The first structure dates from 1613. After the Battle of the White Mountain, the church became the property of the Carmelites. They rebuilt the church in 1628 and gave it the name “Our Lady Victorious” in honor of the Battle. What interests many visitors is not the marble altar on the right aisle. The major draw of this particular church is the wax effigy. It resides in a glass casing. This “Holy Infant of Prague” is a true Catholic relic. It purports to produce many miracle cures. Some hold it to be the most revered image within the Catholic world.
Please provide this reference number to our customer service center representative on request, so we can help you better