The church of St. Ignatius is a pretty, Baroque confection built for the Jesuits. Carlo Lurago Domenico Orsi is the probable architect. The structure dates from the period 1665 to 1667. The entire eastern half features a two-storied college. It has a particularly fine portal. A statue of St.Ignatius sits on top. A tower by Paul Ignatz Bayer completed the structure in 1687. The church, named for St. Ignatius of Loyola, is worth a visit for interior decor.
The interior is done up in pink marble and grey touches. The moldings carve deep into the ceiling. The furniture is Baroque, favoring Rococo. This includes the side altars. They feature sunrays and gilded cherubs. The pulpit dates from 1765. Its ornamental sculpture work is by Jan Antonin Quittainer. Be sure to enter the chapel to see the 17th century statue of St. Václav. It is silver-plated. The sculptor is Jan Jiří Bendl.
Address: Ječná 505/2, 120 00 Praha - Nové Město, Czech Republic
Phone: +420 221 990 200
Please provide this reference number to our customer service center representative on request, so we can help you better