The Arena Garibaldi – Stadio Romeo Anconetani is Pisa’s football stadium. Games of the Pisa Sporting Club and the Pisa Calcio team are hosted here. The Arena Garibaldi – Stadio Romeo Anconetani was first inaugurated in 1919. It was discovered that a grandstand and steps were needed, so once these were completed, the stadium reopened in 1931, and called Campo Littorio. When fascism fell, it was renamed Arena Garibaldi. During the 1960's, the two innovative curves were added to the design. In the 1980's, a new grandstand was completed. In 1990, new light towers were added, as well as the demise of the athletics track.
The Arena Garibaldi – Stadio Romeo Anconetani holds 17,000 people and has become a multi-use stadium, with various attractions taking place within its walls. In doing so, the stadium goes back to its earlier history, when it was a theater and a venue for horse racing. There is some debate among the citizens of the district where the stadium is located as to whether or not a new stadium should be built in a more convenient area of the Porta a Lucca district. The idea is to have an entire sports village, served by a new train station.
Address: Via Antonio Rosmini, 61, 56123 Pisa PI, Italy
Province: Province of Pisa
Please provide this reference number to our customer service center representative on request, so we can help you better