The Penang Town Hall was first opened to the public in 1880. It was probably the most important structure when it was established as this was the meeting place of different officials during the colonial era. It was also used for different reasons such as a church or other social functions. Although it has established itself to be a very important structure, no reconstruction or renovation was made in this building.
That was setting until the film Anna and the King were filmed in front of the town hall which also boosted Penang tourism. Although one part of the town hall was used, almost the entire town hall were renovated . Now it has been fully restored to its grandeur, becoming one of the known Penang attractions. Tourists and locals will always recognize the Victorian architecture of this building. The building is now used for official government functions. Admission is free to this building and tourists are always welcome to look around the structure.
Please provide this reference number to our customer service center representative on request, so we can help you better