Originaly this building was a "plaguehouse" people with the plague were treated here. Is was build with money from the legacy of Agnes van Leeuwenbergh, hence the name. In the absence of plague victims was the building served as a hospice. Later it was used as barracks, university building, laboratory and a home for prospective pharmacists. From 1930 it became a church.
Now since 2008 it is being rented by muziekcentrum Vredenburgh to be used for smaller cconcerts. Hotels near vredenburgh Leeuwenbergh can be easily found with EasyToBook.com