The Puente de San Telmo, a bridge built in the early 1900’s, runs along the edge of the Saint Elmo Palace and offers wonderful views of the palace. The Puente de San Telmo draws its name from the palace. It was designed and engineered by Jose Eugenio Ribero with the goal of improving the economy in north shore neighborhoods – the burrows surrounding the Palacio de San Telmo.
Originally designed as a drawbridge, the Saint Elmo Bridge is now stationary. In recent years the port moved further down the river and there was no longer a need for the bridge to open. The drawbridge was replaced with a third arch.
Address: Puente de San Telmo, 10-123, 41011 Sevilla, Spain
Architect: José Eugenio Ribera