Queen Margaret Union has been known to students of the University of Glasgow for over one hundred years. Since 1890 the union, one of two student unions serving the University of Glasgow, has been providing entertainment and other facilities for students. The Union was originally established by students of the Queen Margaret College which was located in the West End of Glasgow and was located in the basement of the college until it moved to a new premises in 1906 when the college expanded.
The Union has since had many homes and has been located in many well known buildings throughout Glasgow’s west end. Today it is located at the end of University Gardens and has almost eight thousand members. Qmunicate, the Union’s newspaper, has been recognized as one of the best student magazines in the UK and is an excellent source of information on activities and events that are going on in Glasgow.