Located in Calton in the East End of Glagow, the Barrowland is one of the cities best known and best loved indoor markets. The market received its name from the wheel barrows that traders used to use to bring their wares to market. The market is also known as the Barras locally. The market started after World War One and moved into its present location at the Barrowland Ballroom in 1934. After a fire in 1958 the market reopened in the building in 1960.
The market is well known for the distinctive neon sign on the outside of the building, which includes a number of stars around the Barrowland name. The market also houses a dance hall on the upper level. Because of the location of the market between the city center and the Celtic Football team stadium, Celtic Park, the market contains a lot of merchandise for the Celtic football team.
Address: 244 Gallowgate, Glasgow G4 0TT, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 141 552 4601