If you cannot travel to Liverpool, England, during this popular time, don't give up. When you avoid the peak season, there are many great hotel and flight bargains you can take advantage of. No matter what time of year you visit, you may find yourself in agreement with the many other travelers who believe there is no better city than Liverpool.
The best festivals are held throughout the summer season but if you love music and free entertainment, the last weekend of August is very popular. Stages are set up all over Liverpool's city centre and there is a huge gathering of Beatles fans. You would need to book your hotel accommodations as early as possible.
There are many other festivals to be considered when visiting the vibrant and friendly city of Liverpool. Here are just a few that are worthy of your consideration, celebrating music, art, food, drink and Liverpool history.
• April & September - Liverpool Food and Drink Spring Festival, celebrate with the locals twice yearly
• May - Liverpool Sound City, largest international music, digital and film festival & conference in the UK
• May – Liverpool Light Night, one night festival celebrating art and culture
• June - International Mersey River Festival
• July - Independence Day celebrations in Liverpool
• September - Liverpool International Festival of Psychedelia, a musical congregation of mass proportions